lemon flavoured biscuits held together by rich lemon goodness.
First off, I'd recommend to use a basic circular cutter for these biscuits unlike the snowflake I'd chosen. The curd will hold two circular biscuits together better and the edges won't catch like the snowflakes did!
This recipe will make around twenty biscuits,
100g soft butter,
75g caster sugar,
1 egg yolk,
1tsp vanilla extract,
zest of one lemon, juice one,
140g plain flour,
1/2 jar lemon curd.
1. In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and zest from a lemon, easiest done with a wooden spoon. When a creamy consistency, add in the flour, using your hands towards the ends to form a dough.
2. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and smooth, roll out and stamp your shapes. Keep re-rolling and stamping until the dough has been used.
3. Arrange shapes on trays lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Put in a preheated oven set at 200C for 8-12 minutes, watch carefully though as I left mine in for 8 and feel they could have done with a minutes less.
5. When the biscuits are cooled, spoon a teaspoons worth of lemon curd in the centre of the biscuit, placing another on top of this. Decorate the top how you wish! I use a dab of lemon curd to hold some orange and lemon jellies to each.